Training Room Manager
Posted by Hopeworks 'n Camden on April 23, 2019
Hopeworks ‘N Camden is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization founded in 2000 in Camden, NJ.
Our Vision is to heal communities by creating safe pathways through which we own our histories and discover new choices. We do this by using education, technology and entrepreneurship to partner with young men and women of Camden, NJ, as they identify and earn a sustainable future. Together we seize the opportunity to heal and thrive in the midst of violence and poverty. Our trainees have gone on to get jobs, attend colleges, and earn GEDs. They have developed Websites for more than 400 paying clients, served over 60 clients via our GIS business, and developed lasting partnerships with six different organizations.
Position & Responsibilities
The primary task of the Training Room Manager is to empower youth to identify and develop their DREAMS through consistent contact with youth, guiding them through the training curriculum, monitoring their progress and connecting trainees to other opportunities available at Hopeworks. The Training Room Manager also demonstrates the Hopeworks culture of learning to learn, sharing and respect for others.
Overview of Position
- Supervise the training room
- Creatively work with trainees to advance through curriculum using the “learning to learn” model.
- Ensure that all trainees receive the training and feedback necessary to become Hopeworks tour guides and representatives.
- Supervise the Youth Training Specialist and support him/her with holding trainees accountable to workplace culture and expectations.
- Support youth with preparing for tech related networking events.
- Identify and celebrate a trainee of the week and trainee of the month
- Complete job readiness assessments with all trainees at least three times, but more as needed, throughout their training room experience.
- Ensure that youth receive regular and consistent coaching on both technical and professional skills so that they are ready for professional opportunities post-training.
- Record all relevant trainee information in Salesforce.com every day, including: outcomes as youth complete sections of the training, attendance notes, attendance and professionalism check ins
- Ensure that youth are managing their daily schedules in collaboration with Life Readiness and Academic Success Coaches.
At essence, the perfect candidate:
- Is action-oriented, and not satisfied until they have exceeded the goal.
- Loves interacting with young people, both to celebrate their successes and to challenge them to improve
- Is goal oriented and tracks and measures progress through measurable outcomes
- Is a true cheerleader and coach, able to manage both individual relationships and groups
A few other qualities we’re looking for include:
- An action oriented person who is always on top of things.
- Open to training in trauma informed care approach, which may require shifting previous workforce patterns and perspectives to adapt to a trauma-informed methodology
- A natural supporter – eager to jump in and help out wherever it’s needed.
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Better Tomorrows: Director of Fund Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.