Training Coordinator, Training for Change
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: TRAINING COORDINATOR
TRAINING FOR CHANGE: http://www.trainingforchange.org
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: Oct 22, 2010.
Training for Change (TFC) provides activist training to groups standing up for justice, peace, and the environment through strategic nonviolence. Training for Change has been increasing capacity around the world for activist training since 1992. We specialize in training trainers to create a ripple effect in quality activist training. Our direct education approach, based in popular education and experiential education methodology, challenges activists to step fully into their power.
We are seeking a Training Coordinator with a long-term commitment to supporting social change activists. The mostly administrative role will be keeping the operations side of Training for Change (TFC) going: communicating with the public about TFC, organizing TFC’s public workshops, handling fundraising mailed appeals, and other administrative offices. You will be working closely with our Director, Nico Amador, in our shoestring operation.
Experience as a trainer is not necessary, but experience and comfortability with social movements/nonprofits is necessary. The ideal applicant will have first-hand experience of Training for Change, a high degree of self-responsibility to work individually, ability to track multiple projects, and enjoyment working with a wide range of social activists. The ability to accurately carry out administrative and logistical operations is needed.
This part-time job is based in Philadelphia, PA, telecommuting not an option. 10 hours per week, at $15/hour. Flexible schedule.
Training for Change affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or physical ability. This policy shall apply to all employees, applicants, for employment, and volunteers and extends to all phases of employment, including recruitment, screening, referral, hiring, training, promotion, discharge or layoff, rehiring, compensation and benefits.
E-mails welcome about this position: email@example.com
– Posting announcements for TFC trainings on the website.
– Updating workshop descriptions and other website content.
– Sending announcements about TFC trainings.
– Publicizing TFC trainings through other networks and relationships.
– Updating database with contact information of TFC workshop participants and organizations we work with.
– Creating materials for outreach and publicity of TFC workshops.
– Support fundraising efforts, including:
o Write fundraising letters and coordinate mailed appeal.
o Handling donations, thanking donors.
– Fielding questions about TFC public workshops.
– Oversee registrations for public TFC workshops.
– Doing or supporting on-the-ground logistics for TFC trainings, this can include finding housing for participants, finding training space, negotiating with the caterer, etc.
– Communication with TFC’s bookkeeper on training budgets and spending.
– Co-coordinating seasonal calendar of TFC trainings.
– Co-coordinating the Super T, TFC’s flagship 17 day training of trainers, including logistical work on housing, catering and space
Prospecting for Training Gigs
– Networking with local and national organizations
– Sit-downs, phone-calls and conferences with allies.
– Follow-up with workshop alumni.
– Sending book orders.
– Others as necessary
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.