Training and Union Job Opportunities: U of Penn Custodial Services – Apr 28
Posted by West Philadelphia Skills Initiative on April 6, 2021
West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) is recruiting for training and union job opportunities in custodial services earning $17.93/hour in partnership with the University of Pennsylvania.
Who should apply?
Reliable, customer service-oriented individuals who have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in environmental services. Must be available to work any of five shifts, as assigned.
This program is online, so consistent access to a laptop or desktop computer, broadband internet, a webcam, and a word processing program like Microsoft Word, Google Documents, or similar are essential to training completion. Participants must commit to either of the following schedules, depending on the cohort to which you may be accepted.
What is WPSI?
The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) designs and runs programs which connect you to the tools and supports needed to build a meaningful career.
Are you eligible? All applicants must:
- Live in Philadelphia
- Commit to the full training schedule
- Possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalency
- Be unemployed
- Be available to work any of five, full-time shifts as assigned upon hire
- Have a minimum of 2 years of verifiable experience working in housekeeping, custodial or environmental services, or professional cleaning services
Learn more and apply. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 28th at 5:00 PM.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Young Audiences Arts for Learning Requests Input from Area School & Community Leaders
- Reinventing Our Communities Cohort Program
- Votes & Ballots Revamp Brainstorming – Apr 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.