America's Service Commissions
Training and Technical Assistance Manager, America’s Service Commissions
Overview: America’s Service Commissions (ASC) is seeking an experienced state service commission professional to fill the newly established position of Training and Technical Assistance Manager. The Training and Technical Assistance Manager will play an essential role in supporting and leading training and technical assistance for state service commissions and AmeriCorps State programs including the regional training conferences, webinar series, learning communities, online resources and other initiatives that support training, peer learning, and technical support of state service commissions.
• Provide excellent customer service to ASC members and other key stakeholders, as appropriate
• Lead the planning and implementation of the regional training conferences supporting state service commissions staff and AmeriCorps State programs throughout the country
• Coordinate ASC Learning Communities for Program Officers, quarterly webinar series for AmeriCorps State programs, and other learning community calls as assigned
• Lead New Program Officer and New Fiscal Training Series for new program staff
• Provide leadership and support on commission program development work
• Coordinate ASC Peer Exchanges and Mentor Program
• Coordinate the sharing of resources including maintenance of ASC online network, resource library, discussion board, and calendar
• Coordinate annual TTA Directory and support state service commissions in identifying training and technical consultants
• Leadership of assigned ASC committees and work groups
• Provide support to other ASC staff team members on various projects, as needed
• Support and supervise volunteers and interns on relevant projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Enthusiastic customer service orientation
• Experience with event planning and meeting logistics management
• Experience working at a state service commission and/or AmeriCorps State program
• Comfortable delivering training in-person or via webinar technology
• Ability to work independently and with various volunteer committees
This position will be remote, based out of a home office. Occasional travel to Washington, DC and other locations in the U.S. is required.
Salary range is $50,000-60,000 based on experience; a comprehensive benefit package, including health insurance and 403(b) plan with employer match.
Submit a cover letter and complete chronological resume to ASC Deputy Director, Rachel Bruns – firstname.lastname@example.org. For priority consideration, applications should be submitted by Friday, August 17. Position will remain open until filled. Application review will begin Monday, August 21, 2018.
ASC is an Employer of National Service and gives hiring preference to AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni.
About America’s Service Commissions:
America’s Service Commissions (ASC) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit association representing and promoting the 52 state service commissions across the United States with the mission to lead and elevate the state service network. ASC is a peer network of governor-appointed commissioners, along with staff from the state service commissions. State service commissions are governor-appointed public agencies or nonprofit organizations made up of more than 1,000 commissioners — private citizens leading the nation’s philanthropic and volunteer movement — and administering 80 percent of the federal AmeriCorps funds to address pressing community needs. The nation’s 52 state service commissions operate at the state and local level granting more than $300 million from federal national service funds while matching these federal dollars from state and local sources to support citizen service and volunteerism in America. These funds support more than 40,000 AmeriCorps members throughout the country. Learn more by visiting http://www.statecommissions.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.