Testing and Counseling, ActionAIDS
Posted by on April 26, 2010
Position Title: Testing and Counseling
Reports to: Prevention Services Coordinator
Department: Direct Services
Program: Prevention/Testing / Client Services
Salary Range: D
Status: Full Time / Regular
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred and/or experience in social/human service delivery. Demonstrated expertise in HIV testing, counseling and client advocacy. State of PA HIV Testing Certification highly preferred. Ability to work with diverse populations (clients and staff) in critical and emergency situations. Sensitive to cultural, economic, gender, and sexual orientation differences. Knowledge of local resources and service pool system. Understanding of medical and psychosocial issues related to HIV disease and related conditions. Flexibility in work sites, work hours, including evenings and weekends.
Basic Function: Provide a full range of Testing and Counseling services to clients as they present for services. Conduct educational presentations as needed. Function as a part of the Direct Services team to ensure that high quality services are provided to clients.
1. Complete assessment in accordance with CTR procedure.
2. Perform face to face risk assessments with clients, obtaining medical, demographic, and consent information.
3. Assemble follow-up plans together with client and other members of support team while ensuring confidentiality.
4. Available for off-site testing events and educational presentations as appropriate, including evening and weekend events.
5. Assist clients in making linkages with other systems, including prevention and medical care, as needed.
6. Provide information and referral, including appropriate follow-up and monitoring of related activities, and reassessment as needed.
7. Provide information and education to members of clients’ support system as necessary when informed consent has been received.
8. Consult with ActionAIDS Direct Service staff and volunteers regarding specific clients’ plans as appropriate.
9. Obtain required certifications as needed.
10. Other duties as required.
The following performance standards are specific to this position. Meeting or exceeding these standards is an expectation of employment, as is compliance with all organizational and departmental policies, procedures and expectations.
1. Maintain awareness and knowledge of resources, as well as benefits and entitlements necessary to appropriately refer clients for services and advocate for client needs.
2. Complete reports as determined by job function and department.
3. Provide leadership and administrative and clinical back-up coverage for unit in absence of Prevention Services Coordinator.
4. Assist in mentoring and training of staff and/or students in computerized client tracking system and Direct Service Procedures.
5. Interface with outside collaborators and function as a liaison as dictated by specific job function to assist in coordination of services and procedures for clients to access services.
6. Adherence to clinical and procedural policies in the ActionAIDS Direct Services Manual
7. Attend ActionAIDS’ Direct Services, In-services, and General Staff meetings.
8. Participate in weekly individual and monthly group supervisory meetings.
9. Maintain accurate, timely records as required.
10. Document the minimum contact and follow-up with each client per time frame outlined in the Direct Service Policy and Procedure Manual.
Position Available: Immediately
Deadline for Applications:
ActionAIDS offers a supportive work environment and excellent benefits. Bicultural people, people of color, women, people with disabilities, sexual minorities and people living with AIDS or HIV are encouraged to apply. Please forward letter of interest along with resume to: email@example.com
All resumes will be retained for one year – No calls please. ActionAIDS is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.