Technology Director, YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Posted by on July 28, 2008
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School (YBPCS) serves a young adult population of 18-20 year old high school dropouts, offering a unique opportunity to earn a high school diploma and acquire important job skills through a vigorous 10-month program of academics and vocational experience. YBPCS has been in operation for 15 years and received its charter in 1997. In 2007-2008, the school serves 200 students. Regular school hours are from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Our mission is to develop the character, knowledge, and skills of our students so that they will succeed in top-quality colleges, trade schools and the competitive world beyond.
Excellence * Perseverance * Respect
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School is seeking a full-time Technology Director. The Technology Director is required to perform the following duties:
• Teaching high school students how to refurbish donated computers, which then get distributed to local schools, churches, and various non-profit community organizations.
• Create an enterprise where students interact with corporate donors, design and maintain inventory databases, and provide technical support to their peers and recipient organizations
• Possess an extensive knowledge of computer hardware, troubleshooting, and refurbishing.
• Train students to provide help desk support to local non-profit organizations.
• Train students to pass Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC³) certification, which helps students learn and demonstrate Internet and digital literacy skills
• Train students to design, create, and host websites for local non-profit organizations.
• Hold high expectations for each student, and be able to establish positive rapport with students
• Provide appropriate and effective supervision and professional development for two AmeriCorps members, who support the technology program’s mission.
• Demonstrate strong pedagogy and effective classroom management
YBPCS requires the following qualifications for the technology director:
• At least two years of teaching experience
• Experience/background in technology
• Commitment to working with underserved students
• Commitment to the design and development of YBPCS
YBPCS prefers the following qualifications:
• Masters in Education/Teaching or content area
• A+ and Network+ Certifications
• Supervision experience
Interested applicants should email / send Cover letter, Resume, and List of 3 Professional References to:
C/O Brian Leffler
1231 North Broad Street, 3rd floor
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Program Coordinator/Mentor – Worksite and Curriculum Coordination, Urban Affairs Coalition
- Manager of Employer Services
- Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.