Sunrise of Philadelphia
Summer STEM Instructor, Sunrise of Philadelphia
SUNRISE OF PHILADELPHIA
POSITION: Summer STEM Instructor
Sunrise of Philadelphia is currently hiring a Summer STEM Instructor for two summer camp sites serving children in K – 6th grade. The STEM Instructor is responsible for developing and facilitating hands-on, student-centered lessons based in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). More specifically, Sunrise has purchased Sphero robots so our student can learn the basics of computer programming and develop 21st century learning skills. The Summer STEM Instructor would develop and facilitate a summer project-based learning curriculum for students in K – 6th grade to use the Sphero robots in an educational (and fun!) capacity.
This is a part-time, seasonal position. Summer camp starts Wednesday, July 5th and runs until Friday, August 11th. Potential candidates must be available the full six weeks of summer camp to facilitate STEM lessons.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design project-based learning activities for students in K – 6th grade utilizing Sphero SPRK+ robots and associated software.
• Maintain upkeep of technology (Spheros, Ipads, etc)
• Develop accurate supply list for successful implementation of activities
• Maintain a positive class environment and provide personalized support to students
• Manage student participation and behavior using positive behavior techniques
• Ensure students are using supplies and program spaces respectfully
• Practice open communication with program manager and group leaders to ensure successful implementation of program activities
• Attend meetings and trainings related to the summer position
• Other duties as assigned and needed.
• Minimum of an associate’s degree in a relevant field (or in school pursuing a minimum of a bachelor’s degree) and at least 1 year-experience in a STEM-related field.
• Demonstrated experience engaging young people in STEM activities.
• Able to manage a classroom of students (20 – 30 students per class with the assistance of 1 -2 other adults)
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Please send all cover letters and resumes to Will Tsang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.