Summer Institute 2020: GIS & Public Health – Aug 17-21
Posted by Penn Center for Public Health Initiatives on July 28, 2020
This comprehensive institute is designed to develop the following skills:
- Understand a broad range of ways the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can be used
- Critically analyze maps and research results developed using GIS
- Learn how to create and analyze thematic maps, geocode addresses, and conduct basic queries
- Implement a variety of field data collection methods used in GIS such as handheld GPS technology
- Develop individual research agendas which incorporate GIS methods
Dates and Times: Monday, August 17 – Friday, August 21, 9am – 12pm
Lectures 9-10:30am & Labs 10:30am-12pm; Virtual & Synchronous
$500 Full Institute Registration | $250 Student Registration
Technology: Participants will need to install ArcGIS 10.7 on a PC computer or laptop. ArcGIS can be installed on Mac computers only if running Windows operating system. We will have ArcGIS licenses and download/configuration instructions, but participants must have a PC computer or a Mac computer running Windows operating system to participate in the lab portion.
Learn more and register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/summer-institute-2020-gis-public-health-tickets-114174543132
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Youth Service America: Take the ServiceVote Challenge
- Virtual Experience for Nonprofits: Using Data to Protect, Secure and Better Your Organization – Sep 2
- Online Course: Community Engagement in Higher Education – Aug 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.