Students wanted for TeenSHARP
Posted by TeenSHARP on July 17, 2017
TeenSHARP is recruiting students for the 2017-2018 school year! TeenSHARP is a college prep and leadership organization that prepares talented youth of color to attend our nation’s top colleges. The program meets every Saturday on the Rutgers-Camden campus from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm starting in early September. To access our application please visit our website: http://www.teensharp.org/apply.
– Student must be entering grades 7-11 in the 2017-2018 school year
– Student loves learning and is willing to expand their intellectual horizons
– Applicant is willing to work hard to develop a strong academic and leadership track record
Our students in the College Discovery Scholars Program (grades 7-8) receive advanced academic preparation and early college exploration. The program cultivates students’ confidence and love for learning. We support students and their families for success in high school through to college.
Our College Access Ambassadors (grades 9-12) read rigorous scholarly texts and articles to develop strong personal habits, deep understanding of the college admissions and application process as well as issues of social injustice in education, and build superior leadership and project management skills.
Applications are due August 1, 2017
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Strike for the Common Good: Fighting for the Future of Public Education – Dec 8
- Making the Case for Recognition of Learning: Evidence from the Field to Scale Effective Practices and Policies – Dec 10
- Community Health Worker Training Program – Dec 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.