Community College of Philadelphia
Student Facilitator, KEYS, Community College of Philadelphia
Keystone Education Yields Success (KEYS) is a collaborative program between the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges. The program is designed to assist student recipient of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) attending Pennsylvania’s community colleges and ensure the successful completion of the students’ course of study, enhance employability and job readiness. Under the supervision of the Project Director, KEYS , the Student Facilitator will work directly with students, provide intensive case management, and facilitate/coordinate activities for students to promote academic success, address barriers to education and prepare for employment at a family-sustaining wage.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.
- Establish initial contact with all new students referred to the program.
- Provide support for assigned students enrolled in certificate and/or associate degree programs (on Main Campus and at the College’s Regional Centers).
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of necessary regulations pertaining to TANF and SNAP regulations in employment and training programs.
- Document and data enter student attendance, service plans and academic progress/status in compliance with BETP / DHS requirements and maintain electronic and manual files for assigned students.
- Maintain up-to-date database of pertinent student personal and academic information for review and reporting.
- Assure student compliance in meeting TANF work participation requirements and complete required documentation.
- Conduct and facilitate orientations, regular and ongoing status meetings and enrichment workshops to enhance academic, career and professional development.
- Sustain on-going contact with assigned students and assist them in obtaining supportive services from the County Assistance Office and/or other community resource agencies.
- Monitor student academic progress, in consultation with the Project Director each semester, and refer to College resources such as tutoring and counseling as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to students on educational and career pathways related to majors to support program outcome guidelines.
- Coordinate and accompany students to relevant off-campus activities.
- Collaborate with Job Developer and attend career fairs and other employment outreach activities as needed for the purposes of supporting students’ career readiness.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Learn more and apply: https://jobs.ccp.edu/postings/4235
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.