State of Mental Health Among US Adolescents
Posted by on February 11, 2013
The State of Mental Health Among US Adolescents
Research shows that approximately one in five adolescents has a diagnosable mental health disorder, a leading cause of disability among this age group. Child Trends has issued three briefs focusing on adolescent mental health:
* The Mental Health Disorders brief presents the warning signs of mental disorders; describes the types of mental disorders and their prevalence and trends; discusses the consequences and risk of mental disorders; presents treatment options and barriers to accessing mental health care; and provides mental health resources.
* The Access to Mental Health Care brief describes barriers to treatment of adolescent mental health disorders; discusses the connection between insurance status and access to mental health treatment; and explains funding for adolescent mental health services.
* The Positive Mental Health: Resilience brief presents key research findings on characteristics that are associated with resilience; describes program strategies that promote resilience; discusses links between resilience and avoidance of risk-taking behaviors; and provides helpful resources on the topic of resilience.
More in "New Resources"
- COVID Relief Training Program – apps due Sep 30
- 2021-2022 Constitution 101 Class Schedule for School Classrooms, National Constitution Center
- Resources for Constitution Day, Sep 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.