State Farm Service-Learning Champion Award
Posted by on September 14, 2009
Now accepting nominations for the 2010 State Farm® Service-Learning Champion Award.
State Farm supports service-learning as a teaching method that enhances the academic achievement of students while engaging in service to the community. Teachers and parents are usually the primary individuals guiding a young person’s education. Other adults often play a key role in broadening a youth’s formal education through community service-learning activities. State Farm created the Service-Learning Champion Award to acknowledge this non-traditional advocate of service-learning.
The State Farm Service-Learning Champion Award recognizes a business leader, community member or public official who has a passion for engaging youth in service-learning. Nominations for this annual award are due December 1, 2009, and are based on the following criteria:
Criteria for nominations:
* The nominee must be a strong supporter of school-based service-learning as shown by their words, actions and ability to engage youth.
* The nominee must be an adult community member, business leader or public official from outside the traditional service-learning ranks (cannot be a classroom teacher, service-learning practitioner, or associate of a service-learning organization).
* The nominee has added significant value to the success of a youth-led service-learning project that addressed a community need(s).
* Nominee must be a resident of the United States (one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia) or Canada (provinces of Alberta, New Brunswick, or Ontario.)
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Partnerships for Transformative Change – Dec 14
- Webinar: Honoring Ways of Knowing for Biocultural Restoration and Resilience in the Face of Climate Change – Jan 14
- Webinar: Building Bridges for Health Equity: Clinical Scholars Leadership Lessons – Dec 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.