Start Planning Your MLK Day of Service Project
Posted by Youth Service America on November 20, 2018
Creating Beloved Communities
Among Dr. King’s most compelling visions is that of a Beloved Community – a community in which people of different backgrounds recognize that we are all interconnected and that our individual well-being is inextricably linked to the well-being of others.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service is Monday, January 21, 2019. It is the only federal holiday observed as a national day of service – a “day on, not a day off” – and is an opportunity for people from all walks of life to work together to help solve our most pressing problems. The MLK Day of Service empowers individuals, bridges barriers, and moves us closer to Dr. King’s vision of a Beloved Community.
Start planning your MLK Day of Service by learning about Dr. King’s vision and how you can bring his vision to life in your community. Use these free lessons and activities from Scholastic, CNCS, and YSA:
- MLK Lesson Plans for Grades 3-5
- MLK Lesson Plans for Grades 6-8
- MLK Lesson Plans for Grades 9-12
- MLK Quotes Reflection Activity
More in "New Resources"
- Department of Planning and Development Housing Helper Benefit Tool
- New Issue of Liberal Education: How COVID-19 Turned Higher Ed Upside Down
- New Newsletter: Pathways to Reform, Transformation, and Reconciliation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.