Starbucks Youth Leadership Grants
Posted by on August 29, 2003
Starbucks Foundation Offers Youth Leadership Grant Program
Deadline: October 1, 2003
A philanthropic program of Starbucks Coffee, the Starbucks Foundation funds local programs that serve low-income, at-risk youth through its Youth Leadership Grant Program. Grants range from $5,000 to $20,000 and are given in two areas:
1) Power of Literacy — Funding for programs that stimulate personal development and a commitment to social equity, justice, and environmental awareness through writing, literacy and expression in public forums.
2) Leaders in Diversity — Funding for programs that teach the value of societal diversity and develop youth leadership skills to foster understanding between individuals, groups and communities.
The Starbucks Foundation provides funding to registered nonprofit 501 (c)(3) charities that deliver services to youth between the ages of 6 to 18 and address at least on of the foundation’s Youth Leaders action areas; provide opportunities for Starbucks partners and stores to be integrated in a meaningful way; are nondiscriminatory in their policies and practices with regards to physical abilities, gender, race, age, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, and/or creed. In addition, priority will be given to organizations that reach traditionally underserved communities and communities of color; represent models in nontraditional learning environments and are directly engaged in service delivery; demonstrate program sustainability.
For complete program information, applications, and examples of past recipients, see the Starbucks Web site.
For additional RFPs in Children and Youth, visit: http://www.fdncenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_children.jhtml
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Seeks Proposals for Community Solutions for Health Equity Program – Oct 7
- Impact Fund: Support for Litigation to Advance Social Justice – Oct 6
- Herb Block Foundation Invites LOIs for Projects to Defend Basic Freedoms – Oct 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.