Sr. Administrative Specialist, Temple University
The Sr. Administrative Specialist will support Principal Investigator and Professor Sara Goldrick-Rab. The incumbent will manage the day-to-day administrative activity for Professor Goldrick-Rab’s sponsored projects portfolio and provide complex, high level logistical support and project management, including managing meetings, calendaring, coordinating extensive travel, organizing advising work and managing day-to-day administrative activity. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
At least 3 years directly related experience including experience supporting a senior level professional with complex calendar and travel demands. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
* Ability to thrive in chaotic and challenging environments
* The ability to function professionally in a fast-paced environment with high demands, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
* Ability to communicate effectively with persons from a wide range of educational backgrounds, positions, and professions
* Proven competencies in software applications and programs, particularly Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook, and ability to learn new programs quickly. Excellent word processing and file management skills.
* Good working knowledge of office equipment and procedures including computers, photocopiers, printers, fax machines, mailing equipment, telephone systems, filing systems, etc
* Strong organizational skills and problem solving skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing skills for précis, evaluations, and memoranda.
* Strong presentation, collaborative and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to deal with all levels of administration.
* Self-directed and demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Must possess the ability to understand and apply University, College and sponsor policies and procedures.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Passion for Dr. Goldrick-Rab’s mission of increasing college attainment among marginalized populations by identifying new and effective ways to minimize barriers to college completion so that more students can reach their full potential.
This position is grant funded.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.