Spring 2004 Issue of Community Works Journal
The Spring 2004 Issue of Community Works Journal is Now Available
The new issue of Community Works Journal is now on-line, in PDF format, as a service to the educational community. To review and download the issue go to http://www.vermontcommunityworks.org
Print copies are also available at a special rate for schools and nonprofits. Call 802-655-5918 for more information
The Spring 2004 Issue of Community Works Journal Includes:
* Educating for Sustainability: Erica Zimmerman explores the path to Sustainability.
* Discovering Community: Gregory Sharrow’s thoughts on a process and strategy.
* On Place and Education: An excerpt from David Sobel’s fascinating new book.
* Leftover Lessons: Eve Pranis finds an integrated curriculum in California.
* Sustainable Schools Project
* Teaching History Connected to Place: On the road with an interactive unit.
* Discovering the Stories in Our Own Backyards
* Museum Workshops Come Alive
* Experienced Reflections: Cynthia Parsons on service
Connect Magazine * Millennial Manifesto * Orion Grassroots Network * Growing Ventures: Starting a School Garden Business * The Worm Cafe: A Classroom Project
The Journal, now in its eighth year of publication, continues to serve a crucial need for models and resources that inspire by example. We showcase innovative educational strategies and practices that involve teachers and students in meaningful work within their communities. Community Works Journal is distributed nationally to schools, programs, and educational networks.
SUBMISSIONS: We welcome unsolicited article ideas; they will be reviewed and their authors contacted promptly. Email us at: email@example.com, or call 802-655-5918
PAST ISSUES: You will also find a growing archive of back issues of the Journal available for download. Use the links provided to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader which will enable you to open and print PDFs of the Journal.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: To receive notification of future issues of Community
Works Journal, use the Easy Subscribe Form found on our Web site- http://www.vermontcommunityworks.org
PRINT COPIES: To obtain print copies of the Journal please send a check for $6 per copy to Community Works Press PO Box 2251, South Burlington, VT 05407 Identify the issue you wish sent to you, and include your name, complete address and email. A special rate is available for schools and nonprofits. Call 802-655-5918 for more information
More New Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.