Spread the Word: Applications now open for the District Advisory Council
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on March 26, 2019
The School District of Philadelphia strongly believes in the value of family engagement and that parents/guardians are a “valuable link” in the educational success of all students. Active family engagement helps to ensure that the unique needs of the District’s various school communities are served through positive collaboration between school leaders and members of the community.
The District seeks to establish a District Advisory Council (DAC) as a formal way to include parent/guardian perspectives and recommendations in the District’s decision-making process.
- (a) increase family participation in decision making;
- (b) establish a network of community resources;
- (c) foster collaboration between families and school/district staff;
- (d) equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning; and
- (e) evaluate family engagement efforts and use evaluations for continuous improvement.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Apply to Serve on the Philadelphia Board of Education – Dec 3
- Volunteer Mentors Needed, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Volunteer Board Member, Family Services of Montgomery County
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.