School District of Philadelphia
Spread the Word: Applications now open for the District Advisory Council
The School District of Philadelphia strongly believes in the value of family engagement and that parents/guardians are a “valuable link” in the educational success of all students. Active family engagement helps to ensure that the unique needs of the District’s various school communities are served through positive collaboration between school leaders and members of the community.
The District seeks to establish a District Advisory Council (DAC) as a formal way to include parent/guardian perspectives and recommendations in the District’s decision-making process.
- (a) increase family participation in decision making;
- (b) establish a network of community resources;
- (c) foster collaboration between families and school/district staff;
- (d) equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning; and
- (e) evaluate family engagement efforts and use evaluations for continuous improvement.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.