Special Issue & webinar on Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child – Jan 11
Posted by Journal of School Health on January 5, 2021
Special Issue of Journal of School Health Available
Every School Healthy is a special open access issue of the Journal of School Health, supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF). With fourteen invited articles and two commentaries, the issue offers a comprehensive picture of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) framework in action as a tool for equity in promoting healthy school environments for students. The articles explore:
- the dynamics in a broad array of schools and communities that foster or stand in the way of creating healthier school environments;
- the policy levers available to promote change at the local, state and federal levels; and
- opportunities to build public and political will to improve students’ overall health and well-being in schools.
2020 has been a year of rapid change as many schools moved to providing virtual instruction in the spring. The intertwined issues of education and health equity have gained greater visibility and urgency. In order to provide an introduction to the lessons learned included in the special issue, ASHA is offering two webinars featuring a number of the authors. The presenters will share how their learnings can be applied and contribute to making every school healthy whether learning occurs in person, virtually, or in a hybrid form.
January 11, 2020 — Every School Healthy: WSCC Policies in Support of Equity in Education
In each of these webinars, authors, joined by the guest-editors, and a representative of the RWJF will discuss how the published work and our experiences of the past and present school years can shape our work to create Every School Healthy moving forward.
More in "New Resources"
- New Article: Professors Assess Fall Instruction and the Impact on Students
- New Book: Promoting Inclusive Classroom Dynamics in Higher Education
- PA Racial Equity Report, Addressing Inequity & Anti-Racism across Programs & Services
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.