Special Events/Outreach Coordinator, RSVP Montgomery County
Posted by RSVP of Montgomery County on March 26, 2018
RSVP is seeking a part-time Special Events/Outreach Coordinator. The position is 25 hours per week.
Plan, coordinate and promote special events to ensure they run smoothly and are successful. Develop outreach activities that support volunteer recruitment and retention.
Responsibilities: Special Events/Outreach
- Coordinate special events within budgets, including: the Annual Meeting, Volunteer Celebration Luncheons,
Run Wild 5K at Elmwood Park Zoo.
- Visit event locations, make reservations, plan layouts for seating, registration and other activities.
- Maintain corporate sponsorship information and advise management of upcoming renewals
- Ensure corporate sponsorship recognition in programs and event materials and on the day of events.
- Identify opportunities for potential new corporate sponsorships
- Obtain in-kind donations for refreshments and venues.
- Schedule vendors and coordinate participants.
- Create event timelines, review progress and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiate and participate in all efforts to publicize events.
- Work with printer and designer to develop event materials.
- Create and update invitee lists. Manage correspondence.
- Send out ‘save the date’ notifications and invitations.
- Coordinate event logistics including registration, presentations, materials and pre/post evaluations.
- Run event related errands.
- Be onsite on event days to coordinate set-up and break-down.
- Organize ‘lunch and learn’ events for volunteers, 3 times a year.
- Act as Chairperson of the Run Wild Race Committee.
- Support Board Committee with the Golf Outing.
- Develop schedules and reserve meeting space for Volunteer Information Sessions (VIS) inconsultation with relevant staff.
- Create and circulate promotional flyers for VIS. Expand and update circulation lists.
- Authorize rides for volunteers who need to use Transnet (Montco) or Community Transit (Delco)
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Experience of event co-ordination:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an office work environment.
- Experience of organizing own workload and producing work to deadlines.
- Intermediate level skills in MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Mail Merge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in person, on the telephone and in writing).
- Ability to multi-task effectively and use initiative, as required.
- Experience of working with volunteers and team work.
- The successful applicant must be able to secure all necessary clearances, as a condition of hire.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Program Officer – Child Health and Early Childhood, Center for Health Care Strategies
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.