Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /nfs/c02/h02/mnt/27067/domains/phennd.org/html/wp2014/wp-content/themes/phennd/single-update.php on line 17
Fairmount Park Conservancy
Special Events Coordinator, Fairmount Park Conservancy
We are looking for a highly organized, energetic and creative team member with excellent communication skills to be our new Special Events Coordinator. Working with Fairmount Conservancy staff and partnering primarily with the City of Philadelphia’s Park and Recreation Department, this position will plan and execute fundraising, membership and program events throughout the year. Signature events and programs are The Oval, GLOW in the Park, Love Your Park Week and the annual Centennial Celebration. This staff member will lead or assist with all facets of events including planning, logistics, staffing, volunteers, programming, sponsorships and marketing.
- Develop and maintain event plans and schedules.
- Specifically for The Oval, recruit program partners and assist in developing this pilot program
- Serve as coordinator of all event committee meetings, conference calls and site visits—including preparation of documents and agendas in advance and related follow up.
- Research and secure event venues.
- Assist with marketing and communications related to special events.Manage multiple vendors associated with each venue/event: caterer, printer, florist, entertainment, audio/video, etc.
- Cultivate positive and productive relationships with vendors, sponsors, partners, etc.
- Process all ticket requests and sponsorships
- Recruit and organize volunteers as needed for events.
- Manage on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Submitting and verifying accuracy of all invoices and receipts related to events.
- Track pledges and work with Finance staff on post-event invoicing
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Handle all administrative duties related to event communications, sponsors, budget, etc.
- Write summary reports capturing key data such as attendees, sales, media impressions, etc.\
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.