Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation Youth Grant – Jan 22
Posted by Youth Service America on December 15, 2020
1 in 6 people (more than 50 million people), including 1 in 4 children (approximately 17 million children) in the United States are experiencing food insecurity in 2020. While we obviously need systemic and policy changes to solve this problem, we all need to do our part to meet immediate needs.
YSA (Youth Service America) and Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation are looking for the best ideas from young people about how they can help meet immediate needs caused by the coronavirus pandemic and/or help prevent childhood hunger in the future.
Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation Youth Grants of up to $500 will support youth leaders ages 5-25 across the U.S. to turn their ideas into action and make an impact on the issue of childhood hunger. New this year is an option for a fundraising match grant, which includes $100 for fundraising-related costs and a $400 matching grant to a local hunger relief organization of your choice. The application deadline is Friday, January 22, 2021.
Get started with these 8 ideas:
- Organize a food drive or fundraiser.
- Garden and grow healthy food.
- Fight food waste.
- Start a backpack feeding program.
- Volunteer at a food bank, pantry, or kitchen.
- Help people eat healthy while on a budget.
- Help families access SNAP, FRL, or summer meal programs.
- Advocate for policies that will help end hunger.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Bartol 2021 Teaching Artist Micro-Grant – Feb 14
- SEAMAAC Civic Engagement Subgrants – Feb 19
- 2021 Winter Causality Brand #GRANT – Feb 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.