Social Work Case Manager, Public Health Management Corporation
Posted by on January 21, 2013
SOCIAL WORK CASE MANAGER, Public Health Management Corporation
Posted on: December 21, 2012
The Social Work Case Manager works with the Health Intervention Program to provide case management services to families that have at least one child with special health care needs. The Social Work Case Manager maintains weekly contact with clients through in-person visits and telephone calls. This person will be responsible for conducting assessments and health screenings, observing behavioral health, communicating with clients about their child’s progress and health, and making referrals to community agencies and organizations for services not provided by the program. This person will also accompany clients attending social services and medical appointments, as appropriate. Finally, the Social Work Case Manager will document all activities conducted with clients and will review cases with other Health Intervention Program team members.
Position Type: Part-Time (80% FTE) Non-exempt Annual Salary + Benefits
Accountability: Reports to Program Manager, Health Intervention Program
Location: Base office 260 South Broad Street; Local and regional travel required.
- Carries an ongoing caseload of 14-16 families who have a child with special health care needs.
- Assesses client and family needs and strengths with input from other team members (nurse, other case managers, program supervisor) and family members.
- Develops service plans that support both program and family goals.
- Provides referrals and linkages for family to services, including a medical home, medical coverage, housing, employment and various other needs.
- Conducts in-home activities, including screenings, health promotion activities and parenting education when needed.
- Participates in case conferences and trainings.
- Documents all client contacts using required written forms: assessment forms, progress notes, referral forms, discharge plans and other forms.
- Works as part of the HIP team and has the ability to function in peer-to-peer learning environment.
- Participates in weekly team meetings and shares schedules with other HIP team members.
- Enters client data via web-based applications.
- Participates in project team meetings convened by the funder.
- All other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Experience working with families of children with special health care needs.
- Experience with clients facing substance abuse, mental health, employment, criminal justice and other issues.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some weekend and evening hours as requested.
- Must successfully pass HIPAA certification.
- Minimum of three years of direct in-home, community-based and/or clinical services.
- Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required
- Director of Learning, Academy of Natural Sciences
- Crew Leader, PowerCorpsPHL
- Director of Development, First Up
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.