Site Manager, Campaign for Working Families
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Campaign for Working Families
Position Description: Site Manager (Full/Part-Time Seasonal positions)
Reports to: Director of Operations, Campaign for Working Families
Program: The Campaign for Working Families facilitates expanded income security to low-wage workers in the Philadelphia region by increasing their access to the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other federal credits, low cost financial services, improved financial planning, and public benefits. During the tax season, the Campaign runs a number of tax sites throughout Philadelphia, staffed primarily by volunteers that provide free tax preparation services for low and moderate income families and individuals.
Purpose of Position: Provide coordination, organization and supervision for all aspects of a Campaign tax site during the tax filing season. The Site Manager is ultimately responsible for maintaining the quality procedures and processes required by the IRS and Campaign to ensure the overall accuracy of tax returns prepared and e-filed at the site.
Length of Appointment: Mid-January to May 1, 2009 average of 20 hours per week, must be available for trainings during October through December 2008.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE
o Create a welcoming atmosphere for tax customers and volunteers
o Responsible for all aspects of customer service.
• SITE OPERATIONS
o Ensure smooth operations of tax site.
o Work with site liaison regarding set up of the tax site
o Maintain electronic filing and confirmation process for tax returns prepared at the site.
o Transmit tax returns on a timely basis.
o Verify acceptance of returns via Acknowledgement reports within in 48 hours
o Manage rejected returns in a timely manner.
o Prepare required weekly statistical reports for the Campaign for Working Families.
o Maintain accurate and complete paper files for all taxes completed
o Manage closedown of the tax site and organization of tax forms and preparation of customer files and data as required by the Campaign
o Attain level of tax processing knowledge necessary to support volunteer tax preparers.
o Manage Assistant Site Manager such that support/coverage at the tax site is maximized and delegate administrative responsibilities as necessary to communicate effectively with volunteers and the Campaign and meet weekly deadlines.
o Manage timely closedown of the tax site as requested by the Campaign and ensure that all final instructions regarding organization of forms and files are adhered to and that tax files are available for delivery/pick up as scheduled.
o Liaison between Host Site and Campaign. Maintain open communication with Director of Operations regarding all site issues.
• IRS COMPLIANCE AND QUALITY CONTROL
o Responsible for IRS compliance regarding quality procedures, reviews and site visits.
• SUPERVISION AND RETENTION OF VOLUNTEERS
o Support all volunteers by providing tax assistance as required at the site
o Proactively manage volunteers in terms of scheduling and training beyond tax preparation to include other aspects of the tax site operations (quality control; filing; screening customers etc).
o Focus on volunteer retention and satisfaction to ensure future volunteer availability and ongoing support for the tax site
o Work to ensure that each volunteer’s opportunity to support the tax site is optimized.
- Commitment to the mission of the Campaign for Working Families, the individuals and families we serve
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field or previous experience with VITA or computer tax preparation software.
- Ability to obtain IRS volunteer tax certification at the Intermediate or higher level
- Organizational and leadership/management skills including previous supervisory experience
- Communication and interviewing skills
- Basic tax knowledge (Form 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ) desired; prior tax software experience desirable.
- Ability to work with the public, volunteers, and partners in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Must have daily access to e-mail.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office/Excel; database experience is a plus.
- Willingness to work in hectic, ever-changing environment with good humor.
- High energy, organized, professional, outgoing personality required for success in this position.
Interested parties should send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Operations
Campaign for Working Families
1207 Chestnut Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Senior Program Officer – Child Health and Early Childhood, Center for Health Care Strategies
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.