SG’s New Business Management Fellowship
Posted by Soil Generation on February 11, 2020
Black and Brown led businesses often face systemic barriers to long term organizational sustainability. Soil Generation’s MELANATED BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (MBM) FELLOWSHIP seeks to address this by offering business management training to five fellows of color in financial management, human resources, fundraising and more. In this program, fellows will learn the tangible skills needed to collectively work on our Admin Portal.
The Admin Portal is our centralized business administrative hub that will provide technical support to food and land related businesses in our network.
MLM fellows will engage in an 18 month, 15 hours/week, professional development training that will enable them to collectively manage the administrative responsibilities of organizations within Soil Generation’s network. Fellows will learn various business management skills and additional expertise around land and food sovereignty and cooperative economics to help ensure the sustainability of our network.
Benefits of Fellowship
- Program pays a stipend of $15,000
- Pathway to employment; may be hired to collectively work on Admin Portal post fellowship
- Develop transferable business management skills
- Learn about land sovereignty, environmental justice, urban farming, non-profit and/or community work
Learn more: https://soilgeneration.org/mbmfellowship2020
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- PennSERVE: Request for Applications for 2021-2022 Pennsylvania AmeriCorps State Grants
- Small grants for environment, food, health, community building – Oct 1
- K-5 STEM Projects – Oct 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.