Service-Learning Journal Recommendations
Posted by HE-SL Listserv on June 30, 2020
The following peer-reviewed journals publish community-engaged research, including research related to civic engagement and service-learning in higher education.
- Education, Citizenship, and Social Justice
- The International Journal of Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement
- The Journal for Civic Commitment
- Journal of Community Engagement and Higher Education
- Journal of Community Engagement and Scholarship
- Journal of Experiential Education
- Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement
- Journal of Public Scholarship in Higher Education
- Journal of Service-Learning in Higher Education
- Michigan Journal of Community Service-Learning
- Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement
In addition, while there are several publishers with service learning titles, Information Age Publishing has among the best and most helpful for practitioners: https://www.infoagepub.com/category/Service-Learning.
Rutgers University – Camden has created a helpful library guide on this topic: https://libguides.rutgers.edu/c.php?g=337477&p=2271060
Listing from New York Institute of Technology Library: https://libguides.nyit.edu/c.php?g=837082&p=5978614
Campus Compact “knowledge hub” includes a handy reference for what sorts of scholarly products are published by which community-engagement journals. See: https://compact.org/resource-posts/publishing-engaged-scholarship/
More in "New Resources"
- Service Learning with K-12 Students
- High-Quality Simulations and Movies for Experiential Learning
- New Article: Amid COVID-19, Summer Meals Efforts Innovate in the Face of Uncertainty
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.