Service-Learning: Getting Started Workshop
Posted by on September 17, 2007
KIDS Consortium is offering two introductory one-day workshops
“KIDS Service-Learning Getting Started” Workshops
$100.00 per person.
Continuing Education Credits available for a $25 processing fee.
1.October 25 @ Post University, Waterbury, CT
2.October 26 @ Ascutney Mountain Resort, Brownsville, VT
Visit the KIDS Website at: http://www.kidsconsortium.org for a COMPLETE REGISTRATION BROCHURE
Getting Started with Service-Learning
[For educators new to service-learning]
Are you thinking about starting a service-learning project in your classroom or community organization? Would you like to improve an existing project or idea? Have you tried a project and had a rocky start? Does your “wing-it” approach to service-learning need some “tweaking” to improve student and community outcomes?
This daylong “Getting Started” workshop is designed to help educators learn
about KIDS Consortium’s service-learning model. You will come away from this
workshop with lots of tools, strategies and enthusiasm to begin a KIDS service-learning project in your school and community!
* To understand the difference between the KIDS model of service-learning and other community-oriented educational experiences
* To understand the importance of community partners
* To learn about a variety of service-learning projects and see the benefits of service-learning
* To learn the steps in a KIDS service-learning project
* To understand how to start a KIDS model service-learning project
* To provide time and assistance for initial planning of a high quality service-learning project using the KIDS model
Free Materials and Resources
– KIDS as Planners Guidebook, 2nd edition (valued at $29.95)
– Reform, Resiliency and Renewal – our first ten years!
– and much more!
*PLEASE NOTE: We have moved! Please see new mailing address below. All other
contact information is the same.
Terri Marin, Administrative Director
223 Main Street
Auburn, ME 04210
- Student Success in the Early Grades, ASCD Symposium – Dec 9
- 2021 Leadership Summit on Educator Mental Health and Wellness – Jan 27-29
- Call for Proposals: Global Citizenship: Acknowledging Interconnectedness and Cultivating Social Justice – Dec 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.