Service Learning Crew Leaders, YESPhilly
Posted by YESPhilly on April 30, 2018
YESPhilly is looking to hire Service Learning Crew Leaders, to supervise students participating in our Summer WorkReady Program. YESPhilly’s Summer WorkReady Program will serve 60 students ages 16-21 who are also enrolled in our high school program. Our WorkReady Program’s goal is to provide a positive service learning experience to our students that is beneficial to the community and improves participants workforce skills.
All candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience working with at risk or out of school youth in an urban setting.
Service Learning Crew Leaders duties to include:
· Guidance, mentoring and daily supervision of crew of 15 students during service learning activities
· Design and facilitation of “contextualized learning” workshops that prepare students for service learning activities
· Support student to design their own service activities
· Ensure student safety and appropriate behavior
· Report incidents and emergencies to the Program Coordinator
· Maintain records of student hours and other data
Service Learning Crew Leaders attributes:
· Passionate and energetic
· Well organized
· Familiarity with community service and community mapping
· Possess the ability to manage urban young adults
· 21 years or older
· Possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
· Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience working with PYN funded programs.
Service Learning Crew Leaders will report to the Program Coordinator and collaborate with YESPhilly school staff and administration. The Team Leader will work with all students on and off site on a weekly basis to insure the overall success of the program.
Schedule: This position starts with an orientation on June 28th and ends August 10th 2018.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday noon to 4 PM
Friday 9 AM to 1 PM
Please send cover letter and resume to: jobs@YESPhilly.org
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
- Manager, Network Organizing, Engagement, & Knowledge – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.