Service-Learning Clearinghouse: Reflection and Interdisciplinary Models
Two new fact sheets have been added to Learn and Serve America’s National Service-Learning Clearinghouse website that you may be interested in:
Interdisciplinary Models of Service-Learning in Higher Education
Reflection in Higher Education Service-Learning
These new fact sheets are from Kara Connors and Sarena D. Seifer at Community-Campus Partnerships for Health, NSLC’s senior program advisor for higher education.
The combination of service-learning and interdisciplinary learning is gaining momentum in higher education. A growing body of evidence identifies promising and lasting outcomes associated with their integration. This fact sheet highlights successful interdisciplinary models of service-learning in higher education and relevant resources.
The process of reflection is a core component of service-learning. Service-learning practitioners and researchers alike have concluded that the most effective service-learning experiences are those that provide “structured opportunities” for learners to critically reflect upon their service experience. This fact sheet provides an overview of reflection in higher education service-learning and links to helpful resources.
Other higher education-focused fact sheets on the site include:
* Discipline-Specific Service-Learning Resources for Higher Education
* Institutional Structures for Service-Learning In Higher Education
* Interdisciplinary Models of Service-Learning in Higher Education
* Opportunities for Service-Learning Research and Scholarship in Higher Education
* Partnerships for Higher Education Service-Learning
* Raising Funds for Service-Learning in Higher Education
* Recognition in Service-Learning
* Reflection in Higher Education Service-Learning
* Research Standards and Protection of Human Subjects
* Risk Management and Liability in Higher Education Service-Learning
* The Evidence Base for Service-Learning in Higher Education
* The Use of Technology in Higher Education Service-Learning
* Tools and Methods for Evaluating Service-Learning in Higher Education
More New Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.