Senior Secretary, President’s Office, University of the Arts
Posted by on January 07, 2013
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
FULL TIME CALENDAR YEAR POSITION
POSITION: Senior Secretary
DEPARTMENT: President’s Office
DESCRIPTION: The Senior Secretary reports to and supports the activities of the Executive Assistant of the President of the University of the Arts who is responsible for the core operation of the Office of the President. The Senior Secretary holds the primary responsibility for maintaining various systems of the office. This position provides secretarial support for the office and also functions as its receptionist
• Performing receptionist duties including answering the phone and greeting guests
• Provides secretarial support
• Handling logistics for board meetings and other special events
• Supervising work study students
• Handling check requests, filing and other paperwork
• Processing incoming and outgoing mail
• Coordinating correspondence with the Advancement Office
• Maintaining Board of Trustees Wiki site
• Maintaining office databases
• Composing routine correspondence
• Coordinating the President’s Open Office hours
• Functioning as the office liaison for several projects including the Hamilton Hall Public Art Exhibition and DesignPhiladelphia
• Making restaurant reservations and travel arrangements
• Other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS: The Senior Secretary must have strong communication and organizational skills. A proficiency in Microsoft Office systems is also required. An attention detail, cal demeanor and flexible temperament are essential. Additionally, the Senior Secretary should demonstrate good judgment and be skilled at navigating situations which require tact and confidentiality. An experience with the University of the Arts is preferred but not required.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants from The University of the Arts should submit letters of interest and resumes to the Office of Personnel Services, 320 South Broad Street, Rm. 260, Philadelphia, PA 19102.
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Director of Learning, Academy of Natural Sciences
- Crew Leader, PowerCorpsPHL
- Director of Development, First Up
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.