Christiana Care Health System
Senior Education Specialist, Christiana Care Health System
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a Senior Education Specialist for the Strategic, Learning and Development Department. The Strategic, Learning & Development Department is an integral part of the Institute for Learning, Leadership, & Development (iLEAD). This position will be located at the main campus in Newark, Delaware.
Under the general direction of the Vice President for Strategic Learning and Development, the Senior Education Specialist plans, designs, coordinates and delivers educational and developmental interventions to support organizational change initiatives, continually improve CCHS employee engagement and strengthen our capacity to achieve our strategic aims. Developmental initiatives include both organization-wide efforts related to employee and leadership development, as well as focused interventions working with teams and leaders in a consultative relationship.
Key components of this position are:
- To effectively manage organizational development efforts that support internal customers in the achievement of Christiana Care’s strategic aims, including intake and project scoping; identification of organizational challenges; and design and delivery of interventions.
- To manage ongoing relationships with key internal customers, and maintain productive working relationships with leaders, subject matter experts and outside vendors.
- To work with colleagues in the Institute of Learning Leadership and Development (iLead) to identify institutional needs related to leadership and organization development; prioritize organizational and leadership development efforts; and craft strategies to address organizational needs efficiently.
- To work with colleagues to design and develop leadership development programs for all levels of Christiana Care employees, including Day One (new employee orientation), Leading at Christiana Care (new leader orientation), and other programs as needed.
- To analyze program feedback to continually improve those programs.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled consultant and facilitator who has designed and implemented organization development initiatives for a healthcare marketplace and healthcare workforce, and who is trained in organization development, teaching, coaching and mentoring managers and leaders for professional development and growth.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have previously worked as a Manager/Director of Organization Development, Learning or Development for a company of 5000 or more employees. She or he must have demonstrated the ability to interact and between all levels of management and to engage with vendors to support training and development activities.
The preferred candidate will be tech savvy for high level presentations and create materials for learners.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.