Senior Director, Office of Economic Opportunity
Posted by City of Philadelphia on November 5, 2019
The Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) in the Department of Commerce ensures that the City is working with diverse businesses to fulfill its needs for goods and services. Each year, the City aims to reach 35 percent participation from minority, women, and disabled-owned enterprises (M/W/DSBEs) on its contracts.
The position plays a lead role in implementing and overseeing inclusion-related programs that are guided by the Citys legislative mandates and requirements. The Senior Director reports to the Deputy Commerce Director, Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO). The role of Senior Director requires a leader who is performance-focused, energetic, and an advocate for the minority, women, and disabled owned enterprises (M/W/DSBEs) community. He/she will: ensure that staff is managed and provided instruction, participate in the disparity study process, work in partnership with department leaders in developing and integrating participation goals and strategies, and assist in developing capacity building and business development opportunities for the M/W/DSBE community. This position plays a key role in supporting the annual participation reporting function, Economic Opportunity Plans, supplier diversity initiatives, and providing supervision and guidance to members of the OEO team.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to majority of OEO staff providing feedback and day-to-day instruction
- Ensure compliance with Law, the Philadelphia Home Rule Charter, the General Provision of the Philadelphia Code, the Mayors Executive Order 03-12, and other Federal and State laws.
- Assist with legislative requirements, including reporting, testimony, and development of legislation.
- Play a coordinating role in the development of the annual Disparity Study.
- Consult with Procurement to maintain communication on any technical issues and track progress on contracts/bids.
- Open and monitor investigations on non-compliant vendors to resolve and remedy compliance matters.
- Track contract participation; measure/analyze results and make recommendations.
- Work with Data and Policy Director to prepare reports on Economic Opportunity Plans.
- Manage the development of Economic Opportunity Plans and make improvements to the process as needed.
- Work with major stakeholders and affinity groups to insure alignment of diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Conduct analysis of the OEO registry to determine market development opportunities.
- Build partnerships with existing programs that can help to build capacity in the M/W/DSBE community; identify gaps in services.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Learn more and apply: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CityofPhiladelphia/743999697385739-senior-director
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.