Senior Center Social Worker, Lutheran Settlement House
Posted by Lutheran Settlement House on March 2, 2015
The LSH Senior Center is unique in that it focuses on intergenerational programming, sharing its common space with our teen after-school program. Under the supervision of the Senior Center Director, the Senior Center Social Worker is responsible for providing counseling, information and referral services to the senior citizens at the center. Responsibilities also include data reporting, contract compliance, developing and implementing a recruitment program that supports senior center capacity, and assisting in the facilitation and development of therapeutic and recreational activities for seniors.
- Provide information and referral services to participants at the senior center that promote independence, self-sufficiency, education and emotional well-being;
- Assist in facilitation and development of therapeutic and recreational activities while maintaining quality programming for seniors; assist Senior Center Director to establish and maintain recruitment program that supports contract commitments and center capacity;
- Promote and support the mission of LSH and the purpose of the Settlement’s Senior Center in daily activities;
- Counsel low-income seniors to help them remain independent, as well as, financial and emotional stability;
- Assist participants in completing energy assistance, Social Security, PACE, tax and rent rebates and other forms;
- Perform follow-ups on all referrals to determine effectiveness of service and makes additional referrals when needed, acting in a linkage/advocacy capacity;
- Track outcomes on counseling and case management in ETO software;
- Support senior involvements in advocacy issues that are most critical to their quality of life;
- Contribute content, prepare and aid in dissemination of monthly Senior Center newsletter;
- Fulfill all contract obligations, keep appropriate records, and submit reports in a timely fashion, as needed;
- Cooperate with other Senior Center staff to maintain smooth operations in someone’s absence. This position may also cover front desk as needed when Admin is out of office;
- Attend appropriate meetings, as required or requested, including unit and staff meetings;
- Actively attend PCA trainings related to job duties, as well as outside conferences and seminars;
- Represent the Senior Center and agency as appropriate to the community, professional and religious groups. To this purpose, the Senior Center social worker assists the Director in outreach;
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.