SEAMAAC Seasonal Canvasser for 2021 Primary and/or General Election
Posted by SEAMAAC on February 23, 2021
SEAMAAC welcomes applications for a Civic Engagement Canvasser. SEAMAAC is a nonprofit organization in Philadelphia, with the mission “To support and serve immigrants and refugees and other politically, socially and economically marginalized communities as they seek to advance the condition of their lives in the United States.” SEAMAAC envisions a strong and unified society, where immigrants and refugees work alongside other Americans to build shared political, economic and social power. We envision a community where the contributions of each generation of Americans, whether Native to this land, immigrant, or brought against their will, are equally acknowledged, valued and embraced, and where all people live whole, healthy lives with joy and dignity.
SEAMAAC is looking for a personable and energetic individual with a strong passion to support civic engagement. SEAMAAC will provide coordination, mentorship, and training. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Canvassing: Door knocking individual households, primarily in Southeast Philadelphia, to provide nonpartisan education about voting in the 2021 Primary and/or General Election.
- Encouraging community members to Get Out The Vote (GOTV).
- Phone banking: Calling community members to GOTV
- Text Banking: Texting community members to GOTV
- working in the field with the public with extended periods of walking.
- Following all public health safety guidelines and funder requirements for interacting with the public during COVID-19. These protocols include but are not limited to daily health screenings, handwashing, wearing a mask, physical distancing, and using PPE while on the job.
- Prevention Educator (Consultant), ADAC
- Director of Board Initiatives, School District of Philadelphia
- VISTA Leaders, Serve Philadelphia VISTA Program – Aug 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.