Screening Series of First Person Documentary
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Screening Series of First Person Documentary (Sep 25)
On September 25, in partnership with several community organizations, the United Way of Southeast Pennsylvania, will be presenting five simultaneous screenings of the award-winning documentary First Person.
First Person profiles six Philadelphia high school students as they struggle to graduate and gain acceptance to college. First Person was selected as the 2008 Best Documentary in the Philadelphia Festival of Independents.
The film will be broadcast on WHYY, and will be shown at six locations throughout the city. Each screening will open at 6:30 PM for the Resource Fair. The film itself will be show at 7:30 PM, followed by a panel discussion, which will conclude at 9:30 PM. Locations are:
* WEST PHILLY: Enterprise Center, 4548 Market Street
* EASTERN NORTH PHILLY: Kensington CAPA, 2449 Emerald Street
* NORTH PHILLY: Temple University, Ritter Hall
* SOUTH PHILLY: Fels Community Center, 2407 S. Broad Street
* NORTHWEST PHILLY: Martin Luther King High School, 6100 Stenton Avenue
* CENTER CITY: City Hall
We are specifically looking for Admissions offices around the region to represent their campuses as part of the resources fairs at each location. To participate in the resource fair, contact the PHENND office at 215-573-2379.
Please attend and show your support for this important documentary. You may also download a discussion guide for the film here.
To learn more about the film, visit http://www.firstpersondocumentary.org.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Nov 17th
- Service Stories: Episode 13
- Service Stories: Episode 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.