School District of Philadellphia
School District of Philadelphia: Gear Up Program Manager, Apply by Dec. 13
- Monitors the provision of GEAR UP services to program participants; maintains appropriate records and files on all program activities to maintain compliance with federal and state guidelines; generates annual reports for funding as well as internal data and reports on the programs and services provided by GEAR UP; submits reports in accordance with predetermined timelines.
- Assesses the propriety of program expenditures and participates in budget planning for GEAR UP; serves as a liaison between GEAR UP partners and the School District.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of collaborative structures and partnerships at a designated GEAR UP school and its feeder middle schools.
- Convener of the College Readiness Collaborative Community partnership and steering committee, ensuring the alignment of all partner contributions to District.
- Responsible for the development of a common agenda through the creation of Annual Action Plans as defined by the GEAR UP goals and informed by the needs of the School District of Philadelphia.
- Supports the use of a common system of measurement and college readiness metrics as outlined by the Office of Research and Evaluation, ensuring partner contributions are complimentary, and eliminating duplication of resources.
- Oversees the implementation of interventions and activities, ensuring collaborative partners interact with target population.
- Acts as member of school leadership team, serving as subject matter expert in college readiness, guiding the determination of needed resources.
- Leads bi-monthly joint planning College Readiness Collaborative Community meetings at the school.
- Responsible for ensuring the accumulation of and entry of all participant data into Data Management system.
- Master s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of full-time, paid, professional experience in career and college awareness including the responsibility of program and partnership development in a large urban school environment, in the areas of operational practices involving grants.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Seven years of full-time, paid, professional experience in career and college awareness including the responsibility of program and partnership development in a large urban school environment, in the areas of operational practices involving grants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the methods and techniques used in effective program planning, design and administration.
- supervisory methods and techniques.
- businesses and other resources in the community that can support program initiatives.
- current social, educational, and economic issues as they relate to urban families.
- administrative and budgetary practices and procedures for federal grants.
Demonstrated ability to:
- create or maintain databases, design spreadsheets and create reports and documents, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- assess the effectiveness of programmatic activities and to make recommendations for modifications as needed.
- navigate through the School District of Philadelphia s systems and funding sources.
- coordinate and oversee the work of staff and attain effective results.
- maintain records, monitor program activities and prepare reports on a timely basis.
- exercise sound judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting policies and procedures.
- analyze, interpret and utilize data to make complex decisions.
- facilitate group discussions.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.