SCALE’s annual Read. Write. Act. Conference
Join us in Chapel Hill for SCALE’s annual Read. Write. Act. Conference. This is the *only* national conference created specifically for campus-based literacy programs, college student tutors, program coordinators, adult learners and community partners.
Sample workshops for the upcoming conference include:
* Built for Success: Good Practice in Volunteer Tutor Programs
* Setting Outcome-Based Performance Objectives for Tutoring Programs
* Student Leadership: Models that Work
* Active Literacy
* Team Management
* Engaging Learners in Adult Literacy Education
* Learning for Life: Creating a College Community of Learners
* Connecting Social Justice and Literacy: Reflection Strategies
* Completing the Circle: Using Assessment of Student Outcomes as Assessment of Program Effectiveness
* Tutor Training: New SCALE Models for ESOL, Preschool, and 4th-5th Grade
* Plain English / Low-level Literacy Websites for Adults and Children
* Service Learning and Literacy
* Using a 5-Step Process While Tutoring Children Grades K-6 in a University Reading Clinic
SCALE’s Read. Write. Act. Conference
October 31 – November 1, 2003
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Register before August 29, and take advantage of the lower “early bird” rates! We also are still accepting workshop proposals. Please visit http://www.readwriteact.org/conference.html to register or submit a proposal.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.