Registration Open: 2017 Service Leaders Summit
Mark your calendars for PHENND’s 9th annual student-focused event.
Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
Time: 9:30 AM-4:00 PM
Location: Drexel University, Papadakis Integrated Science Building, 3245 Chestnut Street
This event will bring together college students, faculty, nonprofit professionals, and community organizers to share passionate ideas and practical skills for building a better Philadelphia. This year’s theme, The Nonprofit Sector, will focus awareness on the myriad ways college students (and others) aim to make positive change on their campuses, in their communities, and around the world whether through direct service, indirect service, advocacy, activism, or some combination.
Keynote speaker: Dr. Deborah Diamond, President & CEO, Campus Philly
Workshops will explore topics such as:
– The 5 Things You Wish You Knew Before You Started A Nonprofit by Oscar Wang, founder and CEO of Mentor for Philly
– Let’s Go Change the World by Dr. Lauren Miltenberger, Assistant Professor & Nonprofit Coordinator, Villanova University
– Social Media for the Social Sector by Leah McGlone, Communications and Social Media, Witty Gritty
– The Social Ecosystem by Dr. Jim Klinger, professor emeritus, Villanova University
Lunch will be served and the day will end with a career panel of young nonprofit professionals.
- Manna Selassie, former AmeriCorps VISTA and returning Fulbright
- Griffith Ridgway, Special Projects Manager, AchieveAbility
- Isaac Lindy, City Lead, ArtistYear Philadelphia
- Oscar Wang, founder and CEO, College Together
- Salomon Moreno-Rosa, Assistant Project Director, Urban Affairs Coalition
- Moderated by Michelle Feldman, Executive Director, Keep Philadelphia Beautiful
* No one will be turned away for lack of funds. We are happy to work with you to get your campus or program to cover your costs. Please call the PHENND Office to explore this option. 215-573-2379.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.