Save the Date & Register to attend the 2018 PHENND Conference
The theme this year will be “Health,” and will take place at Temple University’s Health Sciences Campus at 3500 N. Broad Street on Friday, April 27th.
The PHENND Conference is an annual gathering for practitioners of campus-community partnership. The day features a keynote speaker, concurrent workshops and a plenary panel of regional leaders.
Selected workshops below; other speakers will be announced shortly.
To see a list of member campuses to help you determine your ticket level, see: http://phennd.org/about/institutional-partners/
Workshop Titles include:
- Trauma 101 with Youth Healing Team
- The Medical Humanities and Active Listening
- Strengthening Community Wellness Through Public Art
- An Intensive STEM+M Pipeline Program Aimed to Decrease the Health Disparities Gap by Exposing Minority Students to Careers in Healthcare
- Rethinking Health Disparities through a Critical Health Psychology Service-Learning Lens
- Finding solutions to a critical issue: What is the college student mental health crisis, and how can YOU help solve it?
- Inspiring and Developing Young Leadership in Present Day Public Health
- GetFIT@IU: A service-learning and community outreach program servicing adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Playing to Heal: Trauma Sensitive Youth Work
- Lessons from a Student-Led Initiative: The Positive Impact of a Naloxone Outreach Program on the Health of a Philadelphia Neighborhood
- Designing a Community-Engaged Course for Undergraduates
- Partnership for Social Justice: University and Advocacy Collaborations
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.