Safety Captain (Part-time, Ages 15-19)
Posted by Safety Captain Initiative on November 5, 2019
The Safety Captain Initiative is an afterschool job for teens that uses a project based learning approach to answer questions like: What makes a youth friendly neighborhood? What makes a neighborhood safe?
The job includes getting paid to learn about, research and discuss concepts like community, safety, health & wellness. As part of your job, you will take part in workshops, go on field trips, and will be taught how to conduct community asset mapping, and more!
- Are you a young person between the ages of 15-19?
- Do you live or go to school in the 19104 zip code?
- Are you looking for a part time job?
- Are you available on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4-6pm?
- Do you like to learn new things?
- Do you believe that teens can have a positive impact on the community
If you said yes to these questions, you should apply to become a Safety Captain!
As a Safety Captain your job will be to meet new people, learn about and share what you know about parts of West Philadelphia, conduct research, attend and present at community meetings. You don’t have to be artistic to apply, but as a Safety Captain you might also make art or music, write poems and develop other projects. This is a part-time job and pays $8.50 per hour.
For more information and to apply, click here.
The Safety Captain Initiative is a project of Fab Youth Philly with funding from Drexel University’s West Philadelphia Promise Neighborhood.
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
- Senior Program Coordinator, Community Engagement & Family Programs, Barnes Foundation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.