SAFE Training: Prioritizing Youth Safety with Research-Based Mentor Screening
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on October 23, 2017
DATE AND TIME
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM EST
Temple University Center City Campus
1515 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Join Child Safety Expert Judith Dunson Spangler in this comprehensive training on youth safety in mentoring programs.
- Increase their awareness of the prevalence of child predators and the tactics they employ in targeting victims in community youth-serving organizations
- Discuss the latest research on perpetrators, as well as potential red flag and warning signs to be aware of during the application and monitoring processes
- Learn and practice screening tools and guidelines that youth professionals can apply in order to maximize the safety of the children and youth we serve
Intended audience: This training is for adults only, due to the sensitive nature of the content. The content is intended for mentoring program staff and board members.
Certificates of completion will not be issued to participants arriving more than 30 minutes late or leaving more than 30 minutes early.
No refunds will be issued.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Forward Equitable Development Conference Conversation #3 – Aug 12
- Drexel: Free Online, Technology Training Program – Aug 12
- GPLEX 2020 Applications Are Now Open – Aug 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.