Steppingstone Scholars Inc. Philadelphia
Robotics and Engineering Program Coordinator, Steppingstone Scholars
Steppingstone Scholars is dedicated to helping educationally underserved students in the Greater Philadelphia region achieve academic success. The College Pipeline Collaborative (CPC) is Steppingstone’s neighborhood focused effort to offer integrated college and workforce prep from K-12 to strengthen families’ decision-making around high school and college, increase students’ academic and social emotional skills and support schools to set students’ on better college and workforce trajectories. Carver Engineering and Science is a 7-12 school focused math and science and college Students with the potential and a community of support are prepared for admission to and success at the best public, non-public and independent college preparatory schools through a program of academics, mentoring and support.
The Robotics and Engineering Program Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating academically rigorous programs with an emphasis on robotics and engineering that support students from area schools, including Carver Engineering and Science and surrounding K-8 neighborhood schools and their access to college readiness opportunities and career development. This individual will be key to CPC day-to-day program operations, as well as advising students throughout their academic career. The Robotics and Engineering Program Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Programs. This is a Tuesday through Saturday position during the academic school year, and the Coordinator will be based at Carver Engineering and Science.
Develops and coordinates robotics and engineering programming/initiatives to support Steppingstone’s pipeline of services for sustaining engagement in a rigorous college prep curriculum from middle school to college
Develops and coordinates programming/initiatives to support students social emotional and leadership development from middle school to College
- Outreach to expand partnership opportunities in conjunction with Steppingstone’s vision
- Run Steppingstone’s Robotics Blended Learning Initiative with at least 20 students on Saturdays during the school year and M-F during the summer
- Curriculum development utilizing Arduino and Lego based Robots for 4th to 12th grades
- Support Steppingstone’s Career and Technical Education Fair
- Support recruitment to Carver with outreach to community-based programs and through Steppingstone Scholars schools and program
- Oversee existing Carver external partnerships to ensure: on-going communication with partners, monitor student participation, on-site visits
- Support growth of Carver internship program for school year and summer
- Support dual enrollment for Carver
- Develop and maintain database of partnerships as well as students for grades, Standardized tests, participation, interest, etc.
- Maintain and sustain enrollment in Site Specific Programming
- Organize events, such as the Carver Fall College Day and Spring Career Day
- Oversee School Ambassador Program
- Bachelor’s degree in math or science preferred, advanced degree ideal (e.g. MSW, M.Ed., etc)
- Understanding of EV3 and Arduino based robotics
- Passionate about educational access for underserved communities
- Experience working directly with youth through mentorship, teaching or general youth program implementation and project management
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and evident ability to handle multiple projects
- Skilled in keeping data, analyzing data, and creating reports or evaluations
- Ability to think strategically, identify potential problems, innovate, and provide proactive solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative relationships with families, students, school partners, external partners and Board members
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $50,000 – 55,000
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to:
Chris Avery, Vice President of Programs, Steppingstone Scholars, Inc at
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.