Rites of Passage Program accepting applicants
Posted by on September 1, 2008
Greetings parents, grandparents, and guardians,
The Black Male Development Symposium Rites of Passage program is now accepting young men ages (8-18) for our Fall 2008 semester.
Our program participants:
* learn to make appropriate decisions at home, school and among their friends
* develop confidence, self-esteem and leadership characteristics
* become respectful of their health, hygiene and diet
* practice self-discipline and appropriate conflict resolution techniques
* become informed agents of their environment, while learning to recognize marketing and media misrepresentations
* practice self-respect and place their elders in high regard
Chief Facilitator: Yumy Odom has been a multidisciplinary educator and scientist for over 25 years and currently serves on the Black Male Development Symposium (BMDS) Advisory Committee at Arcadia University and is Chief Facilitator of the BMDS ROP.
The African American United Fund
2231 N. Broad St. (Across from the Uptown Theater)
Monday, 9/15/08 – 12/15/08
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (Promptly)
Limited Enrollment: 15
Ages: (8 – 18)
For more information, please call Mr. Yumy Odom, Chief BMDS ROP Facilitator, at 215.769.4947 (Office) or contact via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Healing for Healers: Grief and Loss for Caregivers – Oct 30
- Take a Stroll to Raise Awareness for the Health of Black Men and Boys in Philadelphia – Nov 7
- MacArthur Community Advisory Committee Town Hall: Reimagining Public Safety – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.