Nationalities Service Center
Resettlement Case Manager, Nationalities Service Center
Posted on: August 15, 2014
NSC is a non-profit organization that provides social, educational, and legal services to immigrants and refugees in the greater Philadelphia area. Our strength lies in the diversity of our clients and services. Since NSC’s founding in 1921, our mission has been to help immigrants and refugees participate fully in American society. Each year, we help approximately 5,000 individuals from over 90 countries.
The Refugee Resettlement Case Manager (RRCM) position will provide case management services to refugees within the NSC service area. The RRCM position will deliver the highest level of case management services through effectively determining eligibility, assessing needs, identifying resources, making referrals, following up, and documenting client interactions and proactively supporting clients’ goals.
The RRCM position has internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with clients, visitors, representatives of other social services agencies, and the community. This position has access to sensitive NSC and client information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position is expected to represent NSC in a professional manner.
The RRCM position will report directly to the Resettlement Manager and participate in department activities as necessary.
- Social service case management of refugee clients, including those enrolled in the federal Matching Grant and Reception and Placement programs, including:
- Coordination of pre and post-arrival services, as required by funders and NSC.
- Tracking services and client needs, meeting all deadlines, as required by funders and NSC.
- Communication with third parties, relatives, school officials, Department of Public Welfare staff, public school staff and others on behalf of the clients, and assisting with transportation to these offices, as needed.
- Maintaining accurate, timely and orderly case and database records and preparing reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Advocating on behalf of the clients and those similarly situated within NSC and throughout the boarder community.
- Conduct all activities within the funders’ and NSC’s guidelines.
- Actively participate in weekly case meetings and other department, agency, community and provider meetings, as needed.
- Maintain and keep current client case files and track other case related documentation.
- Conduct outreach through participation in outside events and distribution of materials, as needed.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.