America's Service Commissions
Request for Proposals: State Policy Support
America’s Service Commissions (ASC) is the national association of the 52 governor-appointed state service commissions. Combined, state service commissions administer 80% of the nation’s AmeriCorps State and National funding in addition to promoting national service and volunteering in their respective states. The mission of ASC is to lead and elevate the state service network.
ASC is seeking a provider to facilitate targeted support to select states around state public policy efforts.
Service to be Provided
The selected provided focus on the following activities in partnership with ASC staff with a minimum of 9 state service commission from October 2018 through June 2019
• Content development and facilitation of a monthly cohort call of participating state service commissions on topics including
o State Policy Overview
o Assessing your state’s policy environment and mapping opportunities
o Developing a public policy committee
o Developing a public policy agenda
o Developing a State Capitol Hill Day
o Facilitate the sharing and coordination of common service legislation examples to pursue in 2019 sessions
• Calls must incorporate action steps/homework for participating states to make progress on the state’s specific policy goals and one-on-one coaching provided by ASC staff.
July 20 Anticipated Request for Proposals Issued
August 24 Proposals due
August 31 Provider selected
Criteria for Selection
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of national service programming and extensive knowledge and experience working with state legislators and/or leading public policy initiatives
• Demonstrated experience in providing training and technical assistance
• Proposal outlines recommended timeline for work and proposed activities;
• Cost-effective proposal
Proposals should be submitted as PDFs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals must be received no later than August 24 at 5:00 p.m. ET. Any proposal received after this deadline will be rejected.
Proposals should not exceed 10 double-spaced pages and should include:
• The proposed plan (activities and timeline);
• A cost proposal, not to exceed $20,000; and,
• Sufficient information regarding the service provider to enable ASC to make a judgement regarding the service provider’s ability to perform the services outlined above.
Service providers are invited to submit written questions and requests for clarifications regarding this Request for Proposals. The questions and requests for clarifications must be in writing and received at the ASC email address noted above before midnight on Monday, August 20.
ASC reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, in whole or in part, to advertise for new proposals, to abandon the need for such services, and/or to cancel this Request for Proposals at any time prior to the execution of the written contract.
The costs of preparation and delivery of the proposal are solely the responsibility of the service provider.
By submitting a proposal, the service provider agrees that it will not bring any claim or have any cause of action against ASC based on any misunderstanding concerning the information provided herein or concerning ASC’s failure, negligent or otherwise, to provide the bidder with pertinent information as intended by this Informal Competitive Solicitation.
Notice of intent to award the contract will be sent to all service providers submitting a timely proposal. Negotiation and execution on contract(s) with the successful service provider shall be complete, where possible, no later than 30 days prior to services being executed.
For further information contact:
Deputy Director, America’s Service Commissions
More Grant Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.