Reimagining Health in Cities: Challenges and New Directions – Sep 5
Reimagining Health in Cities: Challenges and New Directions, a symposium hosted by the Drexel Urban Health Collaborative at the Dornsife School of Public Health
September 5-6, 2019
Today’s cities face many challenges, including climate change, rising inequality, and health disparities. Yet urban environments offer optimum opportunities for the development of innovative programs and policies that can improve population health. The biennial Drexel Urban Health Symposium brings together researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to spark conversations and new ideas about how to turn evidence into action, share creative methods and solutions, and stimulate debate among participants from diverse perspectives and fields.
- Addressing urban health crises and disaster preparedness
- Perspectives of urban health leaders
- Place-based approaches to health
- Innovations in data collection and analysis for research
- Urban design and action strategies to improve health
- Urbanization, migration and displacement
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.