Register: K-16 Partnerships June Institute: Virtual Summer Learning – Jun 1
Posted by PHENND on May 12, 2020
Join PHENND for our annual K-16 Partnerships Summer Institute. This year, we will hear from different organizations planning virtual summer learning opportunities. We will brainstorm how you can get involved to keep youth engaged and minimize learning loss.
- Welcome and ice breakers in Zoom breakouts (10-10:15 AM)
- Presentation of the Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships (10:15-10:30 AM)
- Brief overview of School District’s new summer learning resources (10:30-10:40 AM)
- Breakout sessions (10:45-11:30 AM)
Breakout sessions will each have their own Zoom room, details of which will be provided prior to the event.
Confirmed breakouts so far:
- Dr. Wei Xie, Principal, Northeast Academy will discuss an existing partnership with La Salle University that is being adapted for a virtual summer environment targeted at elementary students.
- Dr. Patience Lehrman, Special Assistant to the Dean of the College of Education; Brittany Lewis, Temple GEAR UP Coordinator; Courtney Poprik, Grandma’s Kids Program Coordinator; and Tai’Kwan Cureton-Williams, Future Focus Coordinator, Temple University, will facilitate a discussion about summer learning. She will present Temple’s plans and ideas to engage 7th & 8th graders.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/104979261798
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Service Stories: Episode 2
- Webinar: Global Teaching and Learning in the Time of COVID-19: Open Access, Virtual Collaborations and New Global Learning Pathways – Aug 13
- Webinar: A Toolkit for Understanding Local Issues in Global Context, Including Racism and Structural Inequality – Aug 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.