Back On My Feet
Regional Program Director – Open Location, Back on My Feet
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and management of program implementation and impact in three to four chapter cities (exact cities TBD).
- The RPD is responsible for ensuring chapter programs meet or exceed their primary goals in employment placements and employment conversion (%).
- The RPD is additionally responsible for directly managing/supervising the lead program staff at each of their chapter cities, including ensuring that national organizational and programmatic strategy and vision are executed locally in the most effective way possible.
- The RPD is responsible for ensuring that chapters adhere to all national policies and procedures to ensure high-quality and consistent program implementation.
- If/when there is program staff turnover in any of the cities that the RPD oversees, the RPD is responsible for overseeing ongoing programmatic operations (e.g., morning runs, communication with volunteers, coordinating workshops, etc.) until a new program staff person is hired locally. This will include travel to the chapter.
- Help drive a high-impact culture while also ensuring program staff have adequate and ongoing access to external resources to support them with the emotionally challenging aspects of working with our members.
- Serve as a subject matter expert across the organization in a key area that supports programmatic impact. The RPD will build out onboarding content for new staff as well as providing ongoing/routine opportunities for staff upskilling (in program and other functions). Possible areas of expertise include:
- Workforce development and employment services
- Development and implementation of program policies and procedures
- Working with individuals in recovery
- Working with reentry/returning citizens
- Continuing support for alumni/members as they transition to work and gain independence (i.e., alumni programming)
- As appropriate, the RPD will take the lead in programmatic expansion to new markets within their region, including identifying referral partners, hiring program staff, and developing workforce development partnerships, among other tasks. The RPD will work closely with the new launch team in these efforts.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.