Regional Philanthropy Officer, American Red Cross
Posted by American Red Cross on July 28, 2020
Make your career count! Seeking a visionary fundraiser who can meet goals and objectives, connect with our individual donors and serve our mission. You will be expected to meet annual revenue targets by engaging, cultivating, and ultimately soliciting major gifts from regional individual donors, thereby advancing the organizational mission and creating meaningful impact in the lives of both donors and beneficiaries of that mission.
- Strategy: Develops and executes ongoing strategy for qualifying donors in extensive donor
discovery, retention and growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Works collaboratively with other departments and partners with development staff at the National Office to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
- Fundraising Targets and Portfolio Management: Manages an assigned portfolio of corporate donors. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop aggregate donor management plans resulting in primarily phone interaction and local face to face solicitation. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters. Serve as mentor/informal leader to less experienced team members and operational resource in the areas of retention and strengthening donor relationships.
- Prospect Development: Implements programs/activities to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $2,500 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. May work with community Board members and other leadership volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward appropriate donors. Updates donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce following donor contacts.
- Relationship Development: Accountable for cultivating relationships of individual and organizational fundraising with focus on retention, recapture and growth. Responsible for new business development and the need to steward donor relationships until annual hand off of accounts occurs which meets channel design and donor centric principles.
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.