Regional Director, Fellowship Health Resources
Posted by on May 4, 2009
Job Title: Regional Director
Type of Position General Management Job Description Organization
Founded in 1975, Fellowship Health Resources, Inc. (Fellowship) is a nonprofit agency providing both clinical and support services to persons recovering from mental illness and co-occurring disorders in the states of Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware, Maine, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. With an annual budget of more than $32 million, and 500+ staff across 47 sites, Fellowship serves more than 3,400 clients nationally. Fellowship integrates mental health and substance abuse treatment, vocational rehabilitation, case management, assistance with daily living, and social support within each client’s treatment plan.
The mission of Fellowship is to assist individuals, especially those with mental illness and co-occurring disorders, to improve their mental health, well being, and quality of life. Fellowship seeks to become the national leader of program innovation and workforce development in the behavioral health field.
For more information, visit http://www.fellowshiphr.org
Reporting to Fellowship’s Director of Operations, Richard Graziano, the Regional Director will manage Fellowship’s Pennsylvania site, located in Chester County, Pennsylvania. This site, established in 2005, operates outpatient and case management services for more than 800 adults with mental illness and/or a history of substance abuse. Services include: intensive case management; psychiatric day rehabilitation; individual, couples and family therapy; crisis intervention; and medication monitoring. The Regional Director will be responsible for all external relations, including managing relationships with a local Advisory Board, local funders and contractors. S/he will also lead day-to-day management of the site, which has a staff of 32 and a budget of $2 million. The Director will ensure that the highest quality services are delivered to clients and that site operations are highly effective and efficient, and will seek strategic growth opportunities. With the support of his/her direct team, which includes the Clinical Supervisor, four Program Directors, four part-time psychiatrists, a billing specialist and an office manager, the Regional Director will be responsible for:
Operations and Finance
• Partnering and liaising with Fellowship’s national office, working directly with the national Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, Director of Human Resources and Office of Development;
• Ensuring that the Pennsylvania site meets Fellowship’s standards of care, reflects the organization’s cultural values and operates within Fellowship’s strategy;
• Driving efficient and effective operational practices throughout the site;
• Managing all government contracts and revenue from managed care, adhering to regulations and maximizing revenue from each contract;
• Creating strategy to grow a diversified client base, expanding both managed care and self-pay revenues;
• Leading staff of 32, with responsibility for recruiting, developing, coaching and retaining high-performance staff, and empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control and performance;
• Developing and implementing strategies to address day-to-day challenges, with support from Fellowship’s national staff where necessary.
External Relations and Fundraising
• Managing relationships with government contractors and managed care organizations, ensuring that stakeholders are kept apprised of Fellowship’s work and progress;
• Cultivating and growing partnerships with current and future foundation donors and seeking additional funding sources as opportunities arise;
• Developing and leveraging relationships with current external Advisory Board members, growing the board as appropriate;
• Collaborating with the Director of Development where appropriate;
• Increasing Fellowship’s visibility in the region, expanding relationships with other agencies and ensuring Fellowship is positioned as a leader in the community
For more information and to apply for the position:
- Program Coordinator/Mentor – Worksite and Curriculum Coordination, Urban Affairs Coalition
- Manager of Employer Services
- Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.