Reflection Workshop for Service-Learning / Civic Engagement Faculty, June 12
Posted by Campus Compact of New York and Pennsylvania on May 21, 2019
We are pleased to offer this workshop on reflection as a teaching / learning strategy in collaboration with NYPA Campus Compact. Although the workshop is primarily geared to faculty members who have been practicing service-learning / civic engagement (SLCE), all faculty members who want to further develop reflection as a course component are welcome. The workshop on June 12, 2019, 10 AM – 2 PM, will be held at St. John’s University Queens Campus, Queens, New York.
Facilitating the workshop will be Dr. Edward Zlotkowski, well-known author and respected authority in the field of academic service-learning and civic engagement.
- Making civic learning a natural part of the academic experience
- Using short texts (fiction and non-fiction) to promote different kinds of reflection
- Ensuring community voice and community outcomes where appropriate
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Request for Proposals: The Way Forward: Higher Education in a Time of Crisis
- New Website for Bringing Theory to Practice
- Call For Abstracts: Global Health & Innovation Conference, a Virtual Event – Sep 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.